Sunday, March 23, 2014

March

 You told me after this photo that I can only take pictures of you when you are happy!  You were sad that Dad went to the store without you. I missed you pressed up against  the window as he drove away. You perked up with some Go Fish! :) This month we've been traveling (Portland, Philadelphia). But you finally said I am sad without soccer. I need to restart soccer again.  So, our first weekend at home, and you put on your uniform. Then you checked out your hat in the mirror and off we go early Sunday morning.


I love that at 5 you know how much you are loved and that you articulate how much you love us, even when things are not necessarily going your way. I am trying to make that transition from overprotective parent to letting you learn things the harder way. How to recognize what packs of boys to run and not run with…You  are a changing child and your Dad and I are changing parents but we will always love you :)




I am so pleased to be in the Letters to my Son blog circle with these amazing moms and photographers. Please click through the circle to see their amazing photos and stories. Up next is the fabulous Janecke.








2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that photo of him in his soccer gear! He has a look of happiness and confidence that is so endearing. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Sarah's comment about the photo in his soccer gear, it is perfect in every way. I loved reading your letter xox

    ReplyDelete