It' summer, and it's been sunny! It did sprinkle for like 2 minutes the other day and you said you got wet at school because you didn't have your rain gear :)
Sooooooo, check out your new haircut. Of course we did not think about your haircut until Sunday am and I just wasn't doing super cuts again. As we do these days, I checked google and the ever so uber hip, Temescal Barber Shop was open. So "Oaklandish." Neck tattoos required to actually cut hair there. They opened at 10 am, and there we were with bells on…for a 2 hour wait. By the time you sat in a chair, I was not leaving, I got the sideways look and a what are you looking for? I explained I didn't want everything off the top; the guy looked at me, my lack of tattoos and my ever so boring long hair and declared he only did buzz cuts. I was not leaving at this point. This is what "don't take the bangs super short" looks like. You like the cut. Cool. From some angles, it reminds me of 1959.
Temescal - Oakland. Used to be complete hood. Then the restaurants came, then the Oaklandish vibe. Now the last carjacking during the day was at least several years ago and there are lots of places for Sunday brunch. I wonder what it will be like when you grow up?
Hmmmm. Thinking about your troublesome brother Loki or regretting the buzz cut? An early Halloween costume and how awesome are those Stormtrooper PJs?
Even though you are still in preschool, no "summer vacation," we have been doing some summer reading. You have been totally enthralled by the "How to Train A Dragon" series. NOT what mom thought. Totally different than the movies and maybe questionable for a 5 year in terms of themes, BUT you love it. FOUR MORE chapters!!!!!!!! you yell as I try to turn off the light. Ok half a page more….love you Baba.
Please click through our circle to see the beautiful letters these beautiful moms and photographers are writing, Sarah Leonard of Closely Knit Photography is next.




No comments:
Post a Comment