Friday, October 25, 2013




Bedtime through the kitchen and bedroom windows

Oct 23, 2013 830pm

I was closing the window in the kitchen, which also looks into your window. You were snuggled up with Dad. So sweet. Reading Caps for sale, to be followed by superheroes. I knocked on the window as Dad switched over to superheroes. You looked up. I smiled and blew you kisses before I closed the window. Dad asked you,"Why is Mommy looking at you through the window?" And you replied, "Because she loves me. She is smiling at me. She likes to smile at me."

Yes I do.

This month your newest thing to say is "I forgot."  Baba, do you want to wear your Star Wars shirt or your spiderman shirt? "I forgot."  What do you want for breakfast? "I forgot." What did you do in Spanish class today? "I forgot." But then we cuddle up at night after after reading books and, for the few minutes before you fall asleep, you start to tell me about your day. Who you played with, what happened, if the teacher gave you a sticker or if you got into trouble a "little bit."  Last week , you said "Momma, do you know what the color orange is in Spanish?" No Baba, what is it?  "Naranja!"

I am so honored to be a part of a "Letters to our sons' blog circle. I am joined by some amazing photographers and moms. We are writing these letters in honor of our sweet little boys. Please be sure to click through to follow our circle- up next is Kelly Tonks

No comments:

Post a Comment